Tuesday 31 August 2010

"I don't give a damn about my bad reputation!"

Teenagers have a reputation for being, messy, forgetful, careless and full of attitude.

This stereotype annoys me immensely...I mean, none of us are all of those things! We may be messy or careless but I think that character traits are of the beholders choosing - meaning if I want to be messy I will be, but if I don't want to be messy ill tidy up (however, this is not likely).

The same thing goes when adults talk about "youngsters nowadays", apparently we waste our weekends drinking, sleeping and watching Hollyoaks on a Sunday morning - well maybe some of us do that...but we aren't all identical clones who copy each other's every move! Our lives all take different paths at birth and there is nothing we can do about it. All teachers and 'superior' adults seem to believe that if a teenager who was a complete stranger jumped off of a bridge then the rest of the teenage population would follow suit! I'll have you all know that this is not the case.

To be completely honest teenagers try as hard as humanly possible to be unique and different to their peers, we may be categorized into the same column but what's there in black and white, could not be further from the truth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!